Teresa Meares has 20 years of law enforcement experience and is a retired patrol sergeant with the St Johns County Sheriff’s Office. She has Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology, a Master's degree in Public Administration and over 300 hundred hours of advanced management training.
She currently is the co-owner of Audibelle Clothing with her 15 year old daughter, a unique clothing line that offers support and positivity to girls and women.
Inspired by her 20 years in law enforcement, Teresa published “Think Safe 2 Be Safe”. The series is a compilation of stories focused on teaching children how to stay safe. Additionally, she has been published as an editorial guest on many topics discussing leadership, girl’s empowerment, and women in business.
Teresa’s on the Business Journal’s “List” as a top Women-Owned Business in NE Florida, she was the recipient of the 2009’s Jacksonville Business Journal’s Women of Influence and the 2010 Entrepreneur of the year for the North Florida Women in Business Awards.
Her previous company, DGG, has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in NE Florida, a Florida Company to watch by Grow Florida, top 300 businesses in Florida, and top 50 Women Owned Businesses in Florida.
She is a Past President of the Women’s Business Owners of North Florida, Past Chair of the National Association of Women Business Owners, Past Chair for the NAWBO Institute a foundation supporting women’s education, and recently received an appointment on the international steering committee for the Les Femmes Chefs d’Entreprises (FCEM) an international association as the World Vice President, which represents 120 countries across the five continents.
Teresa has a commitment to growing businesses and empowering other women business owners to navigate the challenging world of entrepreneurship.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to remind people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
· 2008 and 2009 Jacksonville Business Journal # 4 and #2 rank as Woman Owned business.
· 2009 - Jacksonville Business Journal Fastest growing companies, #17 out of 50
· 2009 - Jacksonville Business Journal Woman of Influence
· 2010 - Women in Business Award - Entrepreneur of the Year
· 2012 and 2013 Top Woman Owned business in Florida #13 out of 50
· 2014 - Spirit of Rosie Award and Girl Scouts Women who make a difference
1990 & 1997 Sheriff’s Commendation for outstanding performance
1993 Life Saving Award
1996 Life Saving Award
1998 & 2000 Meritorious Service award for exceptional service in field investigations
2002 Meritorious Service award for outstanding performance as the
2003 Mutual Assistance Award from the Palatka Police Department
· Past National Chair, National Association of Women Business Owners, 2012 to 2018
· Past National Chair and current board member, Institute for National Association of Women Business Owners 2016 to Current.
· International World Vice President, FCEM Les Femmes Chefs d'Enterprises Mondiales, 2018 to current
· Past President Women Business Owners of N Florida 2008 to 2014
· Past Board Member of Hubbard House - Non-Profit Domestic Violence Center
We do not collect or use personal data while you are visiting this website. Thank you for visiting!